Wednesday 25 February 2015

Natural hair becomes more popular



www.facebook.com/AfroONatural
Long back if a person was seen with natural hair people would question why they haven’t done their hair? These days, it is has become acceptable – that’s fashion for you.

In every three people that I meet, one has natural hair. Even among all sorts of professionals and some primary and high school children natural hair is becoming popular.

"Without doubt, natural hair is becoming more popular. Natural styles have become a lot more popular and sell a lot more" said Tafadzwa Matondo, a hair dresser and fashion designer.

However, there are many varied reasons why people are now going for natural styles. These vary from one personality to another.

Personally, I started keeping my hair natural, because I wanted to be true to myself. Having to relax, do my hair and so forth became so expensive to me to an extent that I had to compromise on other important things that contribute meaningfully to my life. 

So I had to go for my natural hair, it’s just too cheap. I only need water and a comb. Though, I can’t deny that sometimes combing the natural hair can be so worrying if you have been used to styling silk relaxed hair. 

A young woman, who identified herself as Nancy said she keeps natural because she takes pride in her natural look as an African

“I keep my hair as it is, I don’t see any reason for straightening my hair. People like me as I am. I won't copy another woman to be accepted by society," she said.

www.facebook.com/AfroONatural





(www.facebook.com/AfroONatural)


Children in their natural hair (www.facebook.com/AfroONatural)


No comments:

Post a Comment