Tuesday 3 March 2015

Why can a man not wear leggings as an acceptable fashion?

(www.theguardian.com)

(mjandstaff.wordpress.com)

Yesterday I posted an article on women in leggings and its debates concerning whether women should wear those or not. Apparently, there was a comment that was raising caution on why are you posting about women in leggings when we now have many who wear meggings- men’s leggings.  This prompted me to explore more on what people think about men wearing leggings.

99% of the views I got were saying men should not wear meggings or leggings. It’s up to you how you choose to call them, I myself interchange the words because I see no difference. Only one guy said he wouldn’t mind wearing the meggings though he is worried about Moose kneckle

The first comment I got was that meggings look feminine and that they were designed for women “Why would men wear leggings, men have no reason to wear leggings, there were designed for women. I don’t see a problem with women wearing men’s clothes but I have a problem with men wearing women’s clothes, female clothes are designed with a specific purpose that I won’t mention, its common knowledge” said Anesu Mutasa, a journalism student at National University of Science and Technology.

I just responded anyone should be allowed to wear any clothes they want and not have to worry about what others think because I feel sometimes society demands a lot from people.

Other feel skin-tight clothing is women's fashion, hence they were saying men should not wear the meggings because stigma they will be identified as homosexual.

“Culturally its immoral for me to wear clothes associated with women, we will assume they are gays which is an abomination in Zimbabwe,” said one guy.

A medical expert in biology, however, was totally against the idea saying men should not wear tight fitting briefs as these affect their testicles

Given all the responses I got, I left with the question: “Why can a man not wear leggings as an acceptable fashion?  
   
Nonetheless, there is one thing that I have noticed about fashion, its abomination today tomorrow it’s the popular style on the block. I bet leggings will become acceptable just like any other fashion kind, for example, skinnies that society always bemoans before conforming to it.



Related articles
Meggings are leggings for men
Men want to wear leggings

1 comment:

  1. the moment we discuss some issues they tend to be the new fashion trend so its really upon an individual's concern

    ReplyDelete